Monday, December 5, 2011

Catching Up...

So.... how've ya been? Ya been good? Yeah? That's greeeaaat...

It's uh, it's been a while since we've uh... talked. Yeah...

Yeah... I've been a little busy, you might say. And really, it's not you... it's me.

I know, I know, that's what they all say, but it's true. It's true.

Don't believe me?

Well then, here we go.

November 4th - My Mom's birthday. Which was great - she came up to my house with my sis and we had a fun day of shopping, just us girls. Worked on lots of fun projects at the house, like my Wedding Printer's Tray, which I'll be posting up soon. Promise.

November 10th AM - Started a new job sitting for a family with two of the cutest sons EVER. Love it! And is it ever the best practice I could get for the future!

November 10th PM - Hopped in the truck with the hubbs and headed to the coast for a work trip. Five of the best days ever - kind of an extension of our Minimoon we had last year. You see, we both went to Cal Poly SLO, and met each other at the end of our freshman year. Been together ever since, so SLO definitely holds a BIG place in both of our hearts. He would never admit it, but it does. And not just for the good BBQ either, though I must say, the prospect of Firestone's grill is mouthwatering even now. YUM.

November 11th-13th - SUPER fun times staying in Morro Bay. I worked on my Mini Madness class while Eric did work at the campus, and at first I got a ton of work done. At first. Did I mention that AT FIRST I got a lot of work done? Yeah. So after a day of editing video, my laptop decided that not only was it so over editing, it wasn't about to upload save or upload videos either. In fact, it basically just said a big fat eff you, Britt, I'm out! I think it probably also gave me the bird. And that elbow knocky thing that Joey does, followed by fafanopoly, thought who the hell knows how to spell it?

He refused to let me take a picture of both of our feet together, so he stood behind me. Little does he know, that I managed to get three of his little piggies in the shot.

So I took a deep breath, cried a little, wined at Eric, and then decided the hell with it, I'd deal with it when I got home.  Seemed like a good idea at the time. And OHEMGEE we had so much fun, wading in the tidepools, eating, revisiting Spooner's Cove (my favorite place in the world and where he proposed), and eating, and going shooting, and eating, and watching movies in our kickass hotel room (if you ever go to Morro Bay stay at the Ascot Suites, it's so worth it!) and then eating some more. Did I mention that all we did in school was eat? Yeah, it's really depressing when you stop to think that some people are actually cultured and revisit museums and hiking trails and favorite surf spots. Meanwhile, we're eating at Firestone's, Woodstocks, Del's, Splash, Thai Classic, and the Embarcadero Grill. God, I'm still full.

The best clam chowder. Ever.

November 14 AM - Woke up at 6am, wide awake and terrified that I was forgetting something. Something important. Oh yeah, my class... Left Eric in bed, switched on the fireplace in an attempt to calm myself down while I pulled out the old jalopy and frantically pieced together the first day of my Mini Madness class. I hate being unprepared. I hate even more that I did everything I could to be prepared, and then life STILL managed to get in the way. UGH. Eric woke up about 20 minutes later and groggily asked what I was doing, to which I replied, "myclassisgoingtosuckandIsuckandIhavetogetthisdoneorI'mgoingtosuckevenmore." Then he said the sweetest words that I hate myself for agreeing with - "We could leave now and you can work on it in the car if you want." And I actually said yes!! I still can't believe I gave up three extra hours of basking in good hotel bliss to sit in his truck for four hours making class labels and typing up posts. I mean, I know it was the responsible thing to do, but ugh. When did I ever agree to be a responsible adult!?

Process Work in the Stitched Art Journal

November 14 PM - Spent all day working at Eric's parent's house on my posts - the only place with good enough wifi to upload the massive amounts of videos I had prepared. Left the laptop there that night to finish uploading and would pick it up the next day after work. Then, an hour after we got home, Eric's mom called to say, "umm... it says error." SONOFAB%^*H!!

A few finished projects

November 15-17 - Worked like a dog to get videos re-made, re-edited, re-uploaded and the class going as smoothly as possible. Too bad the video quality SUCKED and it was too late to do anything about it. All this between the usual Wednesday route to the Central Valley, and babysitting.

November 17PM - Taking a shower, getting ready to leave in the morning for our birthday trip to Disneyland - yaaaay! Shampoo in my hair - missed call from mom. I'll call her when I'm done, I thought. Text message from mom. I just got rearended and my back hurts. WHHAAAAAAA?????? Dressed, packed and house shut up in 30 minutes, got in the car and drove to Fresno, to pick mom up at the hospital. She had strained her back, possibly some torn muscles. Home for the night by 11:30, wound down, sleep at 2am.

November 18 - Terri and Helen picked us up at Mom's to go to Disneylaaaaaand!! No way was the accident getting in mom's way. Funnest road trip ever, even stopped at Hobby Lobby on the way for a bit of shopping.

The trans fat capitol of the world.

November 19-22 - DISNEYLAND. Need I say more?

Mom trying to smile like her back's not really killing her.

Sleeping Beauty's castle all Christmassed up.

November 22PM - Back to mom's house from Disneyland. Dealt with the car. Closed up mom's house and packed for a week at my house!

November 23 - Drove back up to my house, doing my usual route on the way, stopping in Modesto, stopping in Oakdale. Though this time was more fun, because mom was there and so of course we stopped for ice cream in Escalon. She always has the best ideas...
Home by 3pm. Made up our shopping list and manned up for the crazy Winco Turkey Day meal preparer crowd. Home at 8:30. Dinner. Soaking the nearly frozen 23 pound bird in a sink full of brine and madly making eggs to devil in the morning and getting the first layer of jello salad to set. Mmmmmmmm......jeellllllooooooo saaaaalllaaaaaad. It's sort of crazy how good cranberry jello, sourcream and ham are, all mixed together on a plate...
Spent some time that night attempting to get my laptop to function, to which it replied, "nuh uh."

November 24 - Up at 7, cooked all day until we sat down at 4:30 to feast. SO GOOD.
My new favorite shirt, even though it had armpit holes like, 20 minutes after I put it on. Forever 21 - cute, but oh so cheap...

November 25 - Said, "Oh, HELL NO," to the crowds and stayed in for most of the day. Learned how to slap on a bunch of mud over drywall. That was fun. No, really.

November 26 - More mudding. Eight hours straight of it, to be exact. Oy vey. 

November 27- My 27th birthday. Spent the day at home, decorating for Christmas, working on my class, and then went to see Breaking Dawn with the fam. Meh. Coulda been better. I realized that dogs were talking to each other, looked over at Eric, and I must say, I will never forget the expression of "kill me now" all over his face. Priceless.
After the movie we came home to make dinner and Eric's family came to celebrate with us.
Surprise for me: A NEW LAPTOP on it's way!!! Oh holy mother was I the happiest (and most relieved) girl on the planet. Ten days and I would be back on track.

November 28 - Found out that my grandpa was in the hospital in Oshkosh, WI. Very sad day. He'd been sick for a long time, but it looked like this time might be the end for him. And honestly, when someone's in that kind of pain, I say let the angels take him home.
Drove my mom back to the No, ran a couple of errands down there, had yummy Cal Wok for dinner, then turned around and drove the three hours back home.

November 30 - Spent the day at home getting projects done for my sweet gig with EK Success. I know, I haven't told you about that either. I will, soon. Let's just suffice it to say, I love it!

Me. Loving it.

December 1 - Mom flew to Wisconsin to be with my papa and help prepare for what was to come. CRAZYNESS ensues because family can be, well, you know...

December 2 - Spent the day with a good friend from school being crafty. Made the most adorable Christmas tree ornaments that I'll show you in a few days. Ran to get dinner and when we got back, who was on the bobcat, with lights blaring, digging around a palm tree? Yeah, at 7 o'clock. Dark. He always picks the weirdest times to do these things, but hey, I'm not complaining! The next morning I woke up to this:

Take THAT, you ugly dumb palm tree that does nothing but house wasps and look ugly.

December 4 - Our first anniversary! I cannot even believe that it has been a year. Really. I feel totally lucky that I'm married to my best friend. Even if he is a pain in the ass sometimes. He's my pain in the ass, and that's what matters to me. We had a great day, him in the shop for a while, me decorating a bit, and then dinner at the Buckhorn. Oh my holy cow yumminess. I mean, seriously, yummy cow.
Also found out that my papa had passed that morning. So sad that I'll never get to see him again, but glad for him that he's at peace. Nobody should have to spend their last days suffering the way he did. I know he's having a way better time up in heaven - probably chasing all the pretty ladies around. I just remember his soft voice and twinkly eyes.

December 5(today) - Spent all day today playing catch up. Finishing up some work for SRM, finished my 27 till 27 book which I will post later this week, hung frames, worked on my December Daily with my NoelMignon Mistletoe and Holly kit, did a little more Christmas decorating, wrapped some presents, cleaned the guest bedrooms, transferred files from the jalopy to the external hard drive to get ready for the new laptop, made super yummy split pea and ham, and through it all, managed to watch Crazy, Stupid Love three times. It's my favorite. 

So now here I am, having told the story of my last 31 days of crazy, stupid life and I am beat! Ready to relax in a bath, with a pinecone candle burning, because I insist that every room of the house smell like Christmas, and wait for Eric to come in from the workshop, covered in white dust from sanding walls and ceilings for the last eight hours. Crazy boy. His work ethic makes the Amish look lazy, so we're not even going to talk about how ridiculous I feel. Did I mention he also knocked down three palm trees this weekend? Just for me. I hate me some palm trees like nothing else.

Anywho, that's my life in a ridiculously long blog post. Sorry I've been so MIA lately - I'll try to do better this month. I hope you all had a great month of November and are loving the (finally) seasonal weather - I know I am!

Happy Scrappin'

1 comment: